[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[O] Bug: Feature request: more automatic updating of cookies [8.3.6 (8.3
[O] Bug: Feature request: more automatic updating of cookies [8.3.6 (8.3.6-4-g4835be-elpaplus @ /home/jorge/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160926/)]
Tue, 27 Sep 2016 09:34:31 -0300
Paste the following in an Org buffer:
* Cookie_a [0/0]
* TODO Dummy_a
* Cookie_b [0/1]
** TODO Dummy_b
Within that buffer:
1. Move point to the line of Dummy_a.
I wished the cookie to be updated to [0/1] but it is not.
1. Move point to the line of Dummy_b.
2. C-c C-x C-w
3. Move point to the line of Dummy_a at column 0.
4. C-c C-x C-y
I wished both cookies to be updated. They are not.
The manual [[info:org#Checkboxes][says]]:
Checkbox statistic cookies are updated automatically if you toggle
checkboxes with `C-c C-c' and make new ones with `M-S-<RET>'. TODO
statistics cookies update when changing TODO states. If you delete
boxes/entries or add/change them by hand, use this command to get things
back into sync.
I request the feature of Org automatically updating cookies when using
structure editing commands such as C-c C-x C-w, C-c C-x C-y, <M-left>,
<M-right> and friends. This could be governed by a user option.
The point is that C-u C-c # (to update cookies in the entire buffer) takes
long enough that I only call it a few times per week. This means that cookies
can get out of sync. Then I try to remember manually invoking C-c # on the
relevant line every time it goes out of sync, but I sometimes omit it.
Emacs : GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
Package: Org-mode version 8.3.6 (8.3.6-4-g4835be-elpaplus @
org-mode-hook '(#[nil "\300\301\302\303\304$\207" [org-add-hook
change-major-mode-hook org-show-block-all append local] 5]
#[nil "\300\301\302\303\304$\207" [org-add-hook change-major-mode-hook
org-babel-show-result-all append local]
org-babel-result-hide-spec org-babel-hide-all-hashes org-eldoc-load)
• I am Brazilian. I hope my English is correct and I welcome corrections.
• Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.
• Free (as in free speech) software for Android: https://f-droid.org/
- [O] Bug: Feature request: more automatic updating of cookies [8.3.6 (8.3.6-4-g4835be-elpaplus @ /home/jorge/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160926/)],