Re: [O] Bug: Several small documentation problems [8.3.6 (8.3.6-4-g4835b

From: Jorge
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Several small documentation problems [8.3.6 (8.3.6-4-g4835be-elpaplus @ /home/jorge/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160926/)]
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 16:40:16 -0300

On 1 October 2016 at 19:36, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> In this case, both "parent" and "grandparent" are confusing terms.
> I made a change to M-RET docstring, hopefully eschewing the confusion.
> Please let me know if there is still something wrong there.
It is good now, but I still have some questions and observations:

First, there is some undocumented behavior if M-RET is called in the headline
after column 0 but before the headline text (e.g. if point is on the priority
cookie).  It then splits the heading just before the PROPERTIES drawer.  But I
don’t know if this is worthy of documentation.

Now something which I do consider worthy of description:
      This forces the insertion of a heading after the current subtree,
      independently on the location of point.
At least in Org version 8.3.6 (8.3.6-4-g4835be-elpaplus @
/home/jorge/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160926/), the new subtree is
positioned /before/ the current one if M-RET (even C-u M-RET) is invoked at
column 0 in the headline.  You could change the text to
      This forces the insertion of a heading after the current subtree,
      for any position of point except at column 0 in the headline.
Or you could change the code to remove this non-uniform behavior at column 0 of
the headline.

Now a very small detail:
      With double \\[universal-argument] \\[universal-argument] prefix
A “double \\[universal-argument] \\[universal-argument]” could be interpreted
as C-u C-u C-u C-u.  I think it would be better to say just
      With a \\[universal-argument] \\[universal-argument] prefix

--
• I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome corrections.
• Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.