Re: [O] [RFC] Change visibility for bracket links

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Change visibility for bracket links
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 13:28:26 +0100

Hi Nicolas, hi all,

2016ko urriak 13an, Nicolas Goaziou-ek idatzi zuen:

[...]

> Not really. It makes my example more bearable, but using C-a is still
> a workaround, and there are also many other dances to perform in various
> other cases. So, I still think there is an usability issue that needs to
> be fixed.

FWIW, I agree.  On the other hand, many people object to the brackets.
My understanding of the problem is that when link fontification is
turned on, it is impossible to tell between the two marked positions
when point is in in a link like:

 [[http://google.com][Search]]
^  ^

My suggestion is that we solve the problem in a different way: by
changing the color of the cursor when the text is inside the link.
So, the cursor would be the default grey color at the first ^ above,
and red at the second ^?  (Of course, the color we use for the cursor
in links could be changed by customization).  It looks like such an
effect is achievable by combining the cursor-sensor-functions text
property with set-cursor-color.

WDYT?

--
Aaron Ecay