Re: [O] outline-up-heading ignoring hidden levels of headings

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] outline-up-heading ignoring hidden levels of headings
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 12:34:39 +0100

* Marco Wahl <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!

>> Since I recently upgraded my Org-mode maint branch to 8.3.4
>> (release_8.3.4-1384-gc61ee8)[1], one behavior changed to a worse one.
>
> Possibly you can configure variable
>     org-show-context-detail
> to meet your needs.

Exactly.

The default setting of this changed with Emacs 25.2 according to its
documentation.

Thanks for the pointer!

> Also consider command `org-reveal' (C-c C-r by default, I guess) to reveal
> more context at a location in an orgmode buffer.

Good point.

However, I prefer having the expanded view (lineage) in the first
place.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github