[O] [rfc] the meaning of org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: [O] [rfc] the meaning of org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 16:43:35 -0700

i am getting bitten by more than one apparent repeater
change in org 9.

i posted another bug with an mce.

org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all docstring says:

  When nil, only one occurrence is shown, either today or
  the nearest into the future.

this is confusing to me (fog), so here is my interpretation for
confirmation [or repudiation :)] from the mailing list:

  - repeating timestamp means any of (+ ++ .+) and (event
    scheduled deadline) -- NO EXCEPTIONS
  - today means real-world today -- NO EXCEPTIONS
    1) timestamp date -- no
    2) date the agenda is showing -- no
       - this could make sense, but if you are showing an
         n-day span, which one is "today"?  even if we
         choose a definition, i presume "showing date" or similar is
         more unambiguous nomenclature than "today"
    3) real-world today -- yes
  - future means future from real-world today -- NO EXCEPTIONS
    1) future from timestamp -- no
    2) future from date the agenda is showing -- no
       - this could make sense, but ...
    3) future from real-world today -- yes

consequence: if you are showing real-world today and
tomorrow as a 2 day span (first showing date =
real-world today), and it would not repeat today, but would
repeat tomorrow, it will show tomorrow.  if it would repeat
today, it will show on today's date in the agenda, today.

this is not always the case in org 9, but something like it seems to
be the case in org 8.  i can provide an mce.

p.s.  if any changes are made, i propose to have a variable for
debugging purposes.  it would contain the date that agenda thinks is
real-world today.  thus, a test case could work both real-world today
and tomorrow.

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  And
ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.
  UPDATE 2016-10: home, but not fully free