Re: [O] allow live execution of code snippets in html export

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: [O] allow live execution of code snippets in html export
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 11:36:57 +0100

Hi all,

thanks for adding me to this discussion!

klipse + org works pretty much out of the box, which is really great.
I just tested it again with a mix of Scheme and Clojure blocks, both
can work together within the same HTML page.

That said, I think we can take this opportunity to slightly improve
how ox-html handles source code:

- make src-clojure in <pre class="src src-clojure"> customizable ?

- have ob-javascript.el to let ox-html know how to export js code?

- have org-html-js to easily allow adding js libraries at the bottom
  of a page? Perhaps together with #+html_js and #+html_js_extra ?

>> If the license permits, and there's a precedent, we could bundle the
>> scripts with org.

I have no problem with this, but I'd rather think a more general
mechanism to embed scripts in general and get more flexibility in
css classes.

If we provide a straightforward solution, I don't think there is
a problem pointing to Google servers.

We might have a problem with recommending js code that does not
pass the https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/ tests: that is,
we cannot recommend code that is not advertised the way librejs
recommends it should be advertized.

This is an annoying issue, but a real one I guess.

As long as Klipse + org is somehow available and documented,
I'll be very happy :)

--
 Bastien