[O] Emacs hangs sometimes for no reason

From: Sebastian Christ
Subject: [O] Emacs hangs sometimes for no reason
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 19:33:39 +0100

Hi list,

in the last couple weeks (perhaps months?) Emacs hangs for no specific
reason for me. The single constant is, that when it hangs, it hangs
while I'm in org-mode. This occurs on multiple circumstance as

- changing the outline structure by demoting and promoting headline
- when refiling
- re-schedule in agenda
- yanking
- perhaps more

The strange thing is that it happens unpredictably, e.g. I re-schedule
11 items without problems and the 12th one lets Emacs crash. Sometimes
it works for days without problems and then I promote a headline and
Emacs crashes. Very sad :(

When I kill Emacs with

  $ pkill -SIGUSR2 Emacs

this leaves me in the Emacs debugger in a flyspell function or (today)
in a avl-tree function.

My actual question is, had someone had similar issues? Or is it just me
with my configuration?

Perhaps someone can guide me on how I can find the root cause for this?
I pretty much lost here.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Best,
Sebastian