On my original system, as well on a built-from-scratch system, babel prolog won't work for me. I've got latest swi-prolog 7.4.0 installed, along with Emacs 25.1.1, and org 9.0.4, along with ob-prolog 20170102.953, and prolog (major mode) 1.22. Anything I put in a code block, e.g.,
results in (*Messages*)
executing Prolog code block...
executing Prolog source code block
org-babel-variable-assignments:prolog: Wrong number of arguments: (1 . 1), 2
Doing C-h f brings up
org-babel-variable-assignments:prolog is a compiled Lisp function in
Regular, non-org prolog major mode interactions work fine.
I know I try everyone's patience on this list, but I'm trying out many different languages' babel capabilities -- and reporting my "findings."