Re: [O] Bug: org-agenda-only-exact-dates [9.0.4 (9.0.4-elpa @ c:/Users/a

From: Tamulis, Andrius
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-agenda-only-exact-dates [9.0.4 (9.0.4-elpa @ c:/Users/atamulis/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170124/)]
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 10:12:02 -0600

Thanks for the reply.

On 2017-02-03 16:16, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Hello,

"Tamulis, Andrius" <address@hidden> writes:

I note that in the latest version of orgmode, that the
org-agenda-only-exact-dates variable is no longer "honored". It is set
twice in org-agenda.el, but never checked, and so affects nothing.

When this functionality was deleted,
This variable is not documented in the manual. It has no docstring
either. I see no functionality here, only an obscure dynamically scoped
parameter.
If you search for org-agenda-exact-dates, you will find that I'm not the only one who has used this variable, and not the only one who has noticed its absence in version 9.
was any thought given to how one
may recreate the action of this variable? That is, in orgmode
9.0.4, how can I create an agenda that only shows entries whose exact
timestamp, scheduled or deadline, is the given day? And that ignores
"Sched. nx" and "In m d." entries?
I assume binding both `org-deadline-warning-days' and
`org-scheduled-past-days' to 0 would be a start. Also, you could bind
`org-agenda-span' to `day'.

The two variables you mention above fix almost everything for me - but is there a "org-deadline-past-days" variable? Something that I could set so that past due deadlines not be mentioned? Or may I suggest that "org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines" have a value like "past", but one that ignores deadlines that are in the past, but include those for today. Or does that variable only work with TODO lists, and not with agendas?

What I am trying to do is an agenda view in which only the tasks specifically for the given day - whether scheduled or deadline - appears.

Thanks,

Andrius