Re: [O] "Which function for creating the link?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] "Which function for creating the link?
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 13:20:37 +0000

>>> "Eric" == Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

    > On Thursday,  2 Mar 2017 at 11:38, Uwe Brauer wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> When I try to open some messages[1] the minibuffer pops up asking
    >> orglist
    >> "Which function for creating the link?

    > Maybe give a bit more context?  What messages?  How is this related to
    > org?

Hm I am using gnus.
For example your message which I read via gmane in the newsgroup
gmane.emacs.orgmode

I hit enter or space, which I always do in order to read message via
gnus and again the minibuffer poped up with this question. I searched my
elpa archive and the only place where such a question is asked is in

(defun org-store-link

Now I don't understand why this function is called nor do I understand
why this question is asked without having set any variable.
Hm I have to search my init files,

Ok found it

(add-hook 'gnus-select-article-hook 'my-org-store-link-simple)

(defun my-org-store-link-simple ()
  "Translate TeX commands to png generated by org-preview-latex-fragment
into overlays or extents."
  (interactive)
    (call-interactively 'org-store-link))

But the funny part is: if I call org-store-link
directly, *no* question is asked about mairix,

So what do I have to do to get rid of the question, could
org-gnus-prefer-web-links be the culprit?
org-gnus-prefer-web-links is a variable defined in ‘org-gnus.el’.
Its value is t

Hm I debugged org-store-link, which was a considerable ordeal, and it
seems it is this

org-store-link-functions is a variable defined in ‘org.el’.
Its value is

(org-mairix-store-gnus-link org-rmail-store-link org-mhe-store-link
org-irc-store-link org-info-store-link org-gnus-store-link
org-docview-store-link org-bibtex-store-link org-bbdb-store-link
org-w3m-store-link)

And org-store link takes the first entry. I prefer him to take
org-gnus-store-link instead, how can I do this??

I have the feeling that this is relatively new (say from 2016).

Regards

Uwe Brauer