Re: [O] Add ob-sclang.el for sclang Org-mode babel support in contrib/

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Add ob-sclang.el for sclang Org-mode babel support in contrib/
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 11:31:08 +0200

Bastien Guerry <address@hidden> writes:

> Still: when it is not used, why adding it?

We are not adding it since it is in the file by default; you removed
it :)

This is an odd question, however. The thing is: how is Emacs-lisp
scoping, dynamic or lexical? We ought not consider it to be both
throughout the code base (even though one file still uses dynamic
scoping) as it is just confusing for developers. Since lexical scoping
prevents a whole class of (vicious) bugs, it is the most common type of
scoping among modern languages, by large. As of Emacs 24.1, let's just
consider Elisp to be lexically scoped.

In a nutshell, "-*- lexical-binding:t ; -*-" ought to be a mandatory
cookie in every Elisp file.

Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738