[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [O] org babel, ess, R
Charles C. Berry
Re: [O] org babel, ess, R
Wed, 5 Jul 2017 22:25:11 -0700
Alpine 2.20 (OSX 67 2015-01-07)
On Wed, 5 Jul 2017, Vikas Rawal wrote:
"... I'd like Org to pick up the fact that there's a :session
argument with a custom name and use that for C-RET in the edit buffer;
otherwise it generates the default *R* session there, but if you C-c
C-c the block later it puts it into the custom session name."
This is what `org-babel-switch-to-session-with-code' does. BTW, it
also handles Vikas' original issue of displaying both the edit buffer
and the process buffer during editing src blocks.
So you might want is to use `org-babel-switch-to-session-with-code'
rather than `org-edit-src-code’.
Indeed this does what I was originally looking for. How does one exit
from this neatly? What is the equivalent of org-edit-src-exit to use
with this? Using org-edit-src-exit after
org-babel-switch-to-session-with-code does not close the session window.
It doesn't do that now, but see below.
I do not think I'd want to replace `org-edit-src-code' in
`org-edit-special' with that function by default, since it forces a
session to start and displays the process buffer which is kind of
annoying when all I want to do is browse code in an edit buffer. It
fails with an error when applied to a src block with no session, so
that would need to be handled if `o-b-s-t-session-w-code' is supplied
as an option.
Yes, that makes sense.
OTOH, maybe a call to `org-babel-switch-to-session-with-code' could
replace the `(switch-to-buffer ...)' in `org-edit-special' so C-u C-c '
would display the process buffer (as it does now) and also the edit buffer
and start a new process if necessary.
But there are a few things to fix. `org-babel-switch-to-session-with-code'
needs to set `org-src--saved-temp-window-config' after the call to
'org-edit-src-code' so `org-edit-src-exit' can restore the window setup.
Also, it might as well use 'info' which `org-edit-special' obtains for src
blocks when ARG is set.
- Re: [O] org babel, ess, R, (continued)
- Re: [O] org babel, ess, R, John Hendy, 2017/07/03
- Re: [O] org babel, ess, R, Vikas Rawal, 2017/07/03
- Re: [O] org babel, ess, R, Charles C. Berry, 2017/07/03
- Re: [O] org babel, ess, R, Vikas Rawal, 2017/07/04
- Re: [O] org babel, ess, R, Nicolas Goaziou, 2017/07/05
- Re: [O] org babel, ess, R, John Hendy, 2017/07/05
- Re: [O] org babel, ess, R, Charles C. Berry, 2017/07/06
- Re: [O] org babel, ess, R, Vikas Rawal, 2017/07/06
- Re: [O] org babel, ess, R,
Charles C. Berry <=
- Re: [O] org babel, ess, R, Nicolas Goaziou, 2017/07/07