Re: [O] Org-mode icon license

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode icon license
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 21:23:19 -0500

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 6:49 PM, Konstantin Kliakhandler
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I would like to inquire regarding the copyright/license status of the
> org-mode icon, and specifically as to whether it is
> permissible to use it in (org-mode related) OSS projects, such as browser
> capture extensions.

Great question. There are 165 org-mode packages on MELPA. Org2Blog is
one of them https://github.com/org2blog/org2blog and I want a logo for
that, too. So maybe there are 163 other groups also looking for an
icon, or already have one. I'm not a graphic designer so I would be
hiring out the work. I need to tell them something like "It can't look
anything like this (Org-Mode's icon), or it can use the colors and
image, or it can include the image or...".

Hopefully there is a precedent for something like this to which we can
conform? Or maybe we don't need to worry about it at all? Or maybe we
figure it out in this thread?