Re: [O] [Orgmode] Slow speed of week and month views

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [O] [Orgmode] Slow speed of week and month views
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2017 12:28:55 +1000

I think the only viable first step is the profiling.

One of the main reasons I like org-mode is that all the data is just
text in files and it does not have any dependencies on other external
systems apart for publishing/exporting.

While there may be a need for external utilities to improve performance
for large/complex org files, this should be the last resort. The more
org relies on external packages, the more complex things become for
maintaining support on multiple platforms.

The first step is profiling so that we really understand where the
bottlenecks are. It may be these can only be resolved in some cases
using sqlite/mongodb/something-else, but I'm not sure if we know that
yet.

Tim

--
Tim Cross