[O] macro replacement in code block?

From: David Rogoff
Subject: [O] macro replacement in code block?
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 16:13:00 -0700

Hi.

Trying to set up a large orgmode file with source code for several files that
is extracted using tangle and also exported to HTML for documentation (source
is verilog-mode).  It works but I’m trying to clean it up by using orgmode
macros.  However, it seems like these are not replaced when inside code blocks.
 I found a couple of references to this by searching Google but they were very
terse and also referenced from orgmode function that doesn’t exist.  Can anyone
point me to some documentation or example?

Thanks,

 David

using gnu emacs 25.2 Linux / orgmode 9.1.2