Re: [O] ob-shell, output and continuation prompts

From: Michael Welle
Subject: Re: [O] ob-shell, output and continuation prompts
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 14:19:05 +0100

Hello,

Michael Welle <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Eric,
>
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Tuesday, 28 Nov 2017 at 13:23, Michael Welle wrote:
>>> I think that last one is what one would expect ;). Anyways, using sessions,
>>> is there a way to get rid off of the shell's continuation prompts?
>>
>> PS2=""
>>
>> in the shell script?
> does that work for you? I had to evaluate
> (add-to-list 'tramp-remote-process-environment "PS2=> "). Otherwise
> tramp/emacs would wait forever after sending the first line of the for
> loop.

oh, I should add that. Albeit the example I posted earlier runs locally,
my goal is to execute the shell code on a remote machine. But the
result is the same with both scenarios.

#+BEGIN_SRC shell :session n42 :dir /localhost: :shebang "#!/bin/bash"
for i in "aa" "bb" "cc" ; do
echo "u: $i"
done
#+end_src