Re: [O] BeOrg

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] BeOrg
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 17:17:32 -0500

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018, at 3:43 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> I think you are missing the point. Free software is primarily about
> source code (the four definitions).

I’m not well versed in the theories and arguments for or against free or open source software. However, based on my 40 years of experience as a software developer and UI designer, I would say ALL software, free or otherwise, is about usability and usefulness. Otherwise, there’s no reason for that software to exist.

If we refuse to provide useful information just because it violates some purist idea of what is or is not acceptably unencumbered, then we’re just denying users potential helpful capabilities that may make the difference between using org-mode or abandoning it completely in favor of some commercial, cross-platform solution.

--
  Peter Davis
  www.techcurmudgeon.com