Re: [O] [RFC] Moving "manual.org" into core

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Moving "manual.org" into core
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 16:53:23 +0000

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 11:35 AM Bastien Guerry <address@hidden> wrote:
what do you think of the proposal to have

  (setq org-adapt-indentation 'content)

set :PROPERTIES: aligned with the beginning of the headline,
while leaving content unindented?

I'd also like to have the better of both worlds without the
need to use `org-indent-mode'.

I cannot draw an opinion on that, as I have used org-indent-mode for many years.. it "just works".

With the default value of org-indent-mode-turns-off-org-adapt-indentation being non-nil, org-adapt-indention is auto-set to nil with org-indent-mode enabled. So for all my use cases, org-adapt-indentation has always been nil (which I learn today :) ).

In summary, I prefer to have no indentation anywhere (PROPERTIES, content, src blocks (I set org-edit-src-content-indentation to 0 in my config.. I never understood why the 2-space indentation was there by default)).. org-indent-mode simply takes care of everything.

--

Kaushal Modi