[O] How to keep correct filepaths when using the #+INCLUDE derivative?

From: Daniel P Gomez
Subject: [O] How to keep correct filepaths when using the #+INCLUDE derivative?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 14:29:57 +0100

Dear org users,

If I include a file child.org in parent.org using the #+INCLUDE
derivative, and the following two conditions are true:

1. child.org and parent.org are not in the same directory nor share
directory structure,
2. child.org contains file links with relative file paths,

then exporting parent.org will produce a file with broken links.

Is there a way to have org sort this out? Or even make this optional,
say by using:

#+INCLUDE: child.org :fix-paths t

I guess the quickest (but perhaps not cleanest) way to have this
feature would be to convert relative paths in file links into absolute
paths within `org-export-expand-include-keyword`. I'm not that well
versed in Elisp yet to do this yet, though.

Are there any known solutions to this, or suggestions on how to get it working?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel