[O] Adding an item to the agenda from the agenda view

From: Shérab
Subject: [O] Adding an item to the agenda from the agenda view
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 23:22:05 +0100

Dear org-mode friends,

I use currently only one agenda file. Sometimes, when I need to plan for
something, I check the agenda
views to find a day when I am available to do that thing. Once I have
found this day in the view, I would like to add an item with the
corresponding date to my agenda file. What would be the most direct /
straightforward / idiomatic way to achieve this, please?

I read section 10.5 in the manual and the closest thing I could find was
k to capture, but I think even this is not doing exactly what I am
looking for.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Shérab.