Re: [O] How to set org-make-link-description-function

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] How to set org-make-link-description-function
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 16:58:19 -0700

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> Here is a globally defined version that would let you define a function for
> any other kind of link I think. There are probably many
> variations on this theme, like storing functions in some variable as an
> alist, etc. Something like that is what would happen if this was
> defined in the link parameters.

I do think putting this in the link parameters is the way to go. I'm
impressed you got a working solution together so quickly, but that's way
more than package authors should have to deal with!

Actually, it could be something as simple as: if the :complete function
returns a cons cell, use the `car' as the link and the `cdr' as the
description default. Surely that would be enough?

Eric