Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates thru e.g. "<s[TAB]")
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 09:55:58 -0400

Hi all,

On 04/29/2018 07:05 AM, Bastien wrote:
Hi Nicolas,

    Let's just take a moment to see what users think.

I was aware of tempo.el and tempo from postings to the list. However It was not until I upgraded to version 9.1.12 from 9.1.11 that I realized that tempo was the default; I thought that it was optional. With 9.1.12 installed I could not open any of my org files because of the blocks that I added through the years to the org-structure-template-alist.

I used the previous feature merely to insert blocks, which were not necessarily for coding; the first block I added was obtained from Dan Doherty, on this list, about six years ago and it had nothing to do with coding but to insert a debit and credit columns into a document.

I will adapt if I must, but I suspect that there are other users such as I who merely used the feature to insert a block of text or something else other than code.

Charlie Millar