Re: [O] Moving from Jekyll to Orgmode

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Moving from Jekyll to Orgmode
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 20:49:53 -1000

Aloha Kaushal

Kaushal Modi writes:

I really recommend ox-hugo, Kaushal has done a fantastic job and he is
also really helpful and responsive with questions.

Thanks for this heavy recommendation. Working on this project and supporting/making it more robust based on user feedback has been great
pleasure.

This looks like an interesting project.

I've browsed the various Hugo themes and the example web sites. I think I've seen websites similar to and themes suitable for a variety of sites I'd like to consolidate: archaeology course syllabus and class calendar; documentation for a software project; a publication list with download links; and a book/article review blog. I use org-mode for writing these kinds of thing now, and I'm hoping to work out a way to make my org mode source work with Hugo.

I'm especially keen on previewing the web pages as I work on them, which was super easy to set up (thanks!), and generating "responsive" content to satisfy my smartphone connected students.

I see that ox-hugo and many Hugo templates have a blog as their focus. Is it reasonable to go down the ox-hugo path for my planned sites? Or, is the blog focus likely to restrict what I'd like to do?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye