[O] Bug: Adding duration which spans days produces invalid timestamps &

From: Ian Eure
Subject: [O] Bug: Adding duration which spans days produces invalid timestamps & confusing errors [9.1.13 (9.1.13-elpa @ /home/ieure/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/)]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 07:18:04 -0700

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

I spent far too long figuring out why I was getting this error when I
pulled up my week agenda with C-c a a

org-duration-to-minutes: Invalid duration format: "+2:00"

The string "+2:00" doesn’t appear anywhere in my org files.  After
bisecting the list of files, then the contents of the one that was
causing issues, I found that it was due to this timestamp:

<2018-05-16 Wed 22:00-26:00>

There are only 24 hours in the day, but this says 26.  Oops.  This
surprised me, because this had been created by doing:

C-c . 22:00+4

I use this shortcut a lot, since it’s easier for me to think about the
duration rather than do the mental math to come up with the ending
hour.

I’m not sure it’s a good idea to insert a span timestamp in this case,
but I think at a minimum, Org ought to error in this case, rather than
producing a timestamp it can’t consume.

It would also be good if the error was clearer, ideally telling you
the exact file/line the erroneous timestamp was on.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.2.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-05-07, modified by Debian
Package: Org mode version 9.1.13 (9.1.13-elpa @
/home/ieure/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/)