[O] , C-c ', on SRC block in two window vertical split screen goes horiz

From: Van L
Subject: [O] , C-c ', on SRC block in two window vertical split screen goes horizontal unexpectedly
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 13:22:25 +1000

Hello.

I have two windows separated by a vertical split. Left and right.

On the right window, I have an elisp SRC block. I want to go in and edit it
after ,C-c ‘, and expect the left window to narrow in.

What happens next is the vertical split disappears, unexpectedly, and a
horizontal split re-arranges the windows up and down.

I expect the vertical split to remain, unchanged, and for the narrowing in to
focus on the left window in the original orientation, left and right.

I am on mac os using emacs-26.1-rc1.