Re: [O] Org mode in combination with emacs follow-mode is terrible

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Org mode in combination with emacs follow-mode is terrible
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 11:51:19 +0200

On Wednesday, 13 Jun 2018 at 09:53, Gerald Wildgruber wrote:
> Switching to text-mode, with 5 windows and follow-mode still being
> active reduces lag significantly.
>
> So there must be an issue specifically with the combination of org-mode
> and follow-mode!

I don't think there's an issue per se in the sense of bugs.  Org does
much more processing of the text than does text mode so if you have 60k
worth of text to process each time you type something, it's probably not
surprising that there is a lag.  60k is a lot of text and I assume there
are many headings etc.?  Part of the attraction of org mode is the
visual representation of the text and this unfortunately comes at a
cost.

I cannot remember what version of Emacs you are using.  If not the
latest, it might be worth trying v26.1 or even one of the latest
snapshots in case?

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 25.2.2, Org release_9.1.13-791-g842002