Re: [O] ‘V’ ‘#+BEGIN_VERBATIM ... #+END_VERBATIM’ missing in manual(?)

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: Re: [O] ‘V’ ‘#+BEGIN_VERBATIM ... #+END_VERBATIM’ missing in manual(?)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:56:36 +0200

Nicolas Goaziou writes on Wed 13 Jun 2018 21:26:

 > The "Easy templates" section does not exist anymore in new
 > manual. Also, there is no such thing as a "verbatim" environment.
 >
 > IOW, it is already solved in master.

Thanks for the feedback.

I had been made aware of the verbatim block type by the following
excerpt of section 14 (Working with source code) of the manual:

     Org’s ‘src’ code block type is one of many block types, such as
   quote, export, verse, latex, example, and verbatim.

If I am not mistaken, this excerpt is still present in the new
(master) version of the manual.

Also, I was a bit confused by section 15.2 (Structure Templates) of
the new manual.  The formatting suggests (to me anyway) that the list
at the end (a ‘#+BEGIN_EXPORT ascii’ . . . ‘#+END_EXPORT’, etc.)
indicates what can be obtained by the '< key TAB' mechanism when
org-tempo is enabled.  But since there is a one-to-one correspondence
between this list and the list inside org-structure-template-alist
[fn:1], it appears more specifically related to the default insertion
mechanism (that is, without org-tempo).

Sure, there is nothing wrong but maybe the formulation could be made
more explicit -- also listing the few keys specific of org-tempo could
help.

[fn:1] Well, almost: the "E" entry is missing in the manual.

Finally, looking at the docstring of org-tempo-keywords-alist, I think
the sentence

   For example "<l" at the beginning of a line...

should be

   For example "<L" at the beginning of a line...

Regards

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
IPG (Institut de Physique du Globe) | address@hidden