Re: [O] Fix org-meta-return for checkbox lists

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Fix org-meta-return for checkbox lists
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 10:01:19 -0400

Hello Nicolas, Brent,

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 9:53 AM Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
I agree.  I use lists with mixed checkboxes and no checkboxes and do not
want to enforce checkboxes on every list item.

OK, I can understand if the behavior is kept as it is.

Is it that common to have mix of checkboxes and unordered lists items?

I would think that this behavior of org-meta-return is more consistent:

- If you are on a "* foo" line, M-RET creates "* " on the next line.
- If you are on a "1. foo" line, M-RET creates "2. " on the next line.
- If you are on a "- foo" line, M-RET creates "- " on the next line.
- *But* if you are on a "- [ ] foo" line, M-RET still creates "- " instead of "- [ ] " on the next line?

Shouldn't M-RET and M-S-RET behavior be switched for checkbox lists?
--

Kaushal Modi