Re: [O] Fix org-meta-return for checkbox lists

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Fix org-meta-return for checkbox lists
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 16:10:39 +0200

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> Is it that common to have mix of checkboxes and unordered lists items?

The problem is that your initial suggestion make it impossible, common
or not.

> I would think that this behavior of org-meta-return is more consistent:
>
> - If you are on a "* foo" line, M-RET creates "* " on the next line.
> - If you are on a "1. foo" line, M-RET creates "2. " on the next line.
> - If you are on a "- foo" line, M-RET creates "- " on the next line.
> - *But* if you are on a "- [ ] foo" line, M-RET still creates "- " instead
> of "- [ ] " on the next line?
>
> Shouldn't M-RET and M-S-RET behavior be switched for checkbox lists?

As it is, it is symmetric with M-RET and M-S-RET on headlines. E.g., in
the following document

  * TODO Stuff|

where "|" is point, M-RET results in

  * TODO Stuff
  *

i.e., no TODO added. I find it straightforward.

Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738