Re: [O] Bug: Org Table Performance Issue/Regression

From: Tim Baumgard
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Org Table Performance Issue/Regression
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 21:47:31 -0500

> On Jun 26, 2018, at 4:58 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>
> Could you send the result of your profiling (using both Elp and
> profiler would be nice) on an uncompiled Org?

I've attached ten profiler results: Two are from 25.3 with the garbage collector
running normally, two are from 25.3 with the garbage collector "disabled" as
described in my previous email, two are from 26.1 with the garbage collector
running normally, two are from 26.1 with the garbage collector "disabled," and
two are the Elp profiles--I used elp-instrument-package--for both versions.

In case it helps, my process to obtain these has been:

1. I use the test.org file from my previous email with the test row duplicated
   so that it occurs 3500 times. I can't remember how many rows I used in my
   previous tests.
2. I invoke Emacs by calling "Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q"
3. I use "M-x load-file" to load the test init.el file I included in my previous
   email, with the last two lines commented out or not depending on what I'm
   testing.
4. I then open the test.org file and go to column A in the last row.
5. I then start one of the profilers, hit enter, hit shift+enter
   (org-table-copy-down), and then get the report from the profiler.

Let me know if I can provide anything else.

Tim