Re: [O] LaTeX chunk makes .org file not in Org mode

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX chunk makes .org file not in Org mode
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 09:27:05 +0000

On Wednesday, 14 Nov 2018 at 12:54, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello.  I guess this is normal, but I wanted to report it in case
> there is room for improvement:
>
> After inserting a latex file into an .org file, I ended up with the
> following part in the org file (which was an agenda file):
>
>   %%% Local Variables:
>   %%% mode: latex
>   %%% TeX-master: t
>   %%% End:

[...]

> It the issue could somehow be made apparent to the user right away
> (that is, when the chunk is inserted), it would be easier/faster to
> fix.

There's really nothing to fix.  You've inserted some local variable
settings that take effect next time you visit the file.  You've decided
(not on purpose, I realize) that you want this file to be opened in
LaTeX mode and Emacs does what you said.  I cannot imagine a fix that
could catch this as it would require org to essentially parse the new
contents as if it were all of Emacs and then somehow figure out what had
been set that shouldn't have been set.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.13-894-gf79545