[O] “Fuzzy” times (“evening”, “morning”, “night”…)

From: Leo Gaspard
Subject: [O] “Fuzzy” times (“evening”, “morning”, “night”…)
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 02:47:35 +0900

Hello,

In the process of migrating all my self-organization to org-mode, I
noticed there is something that cannot currently be encoded in
timestamps: fuzzy times, where an appointment is made for “Dec 4, Tue,
evening” but with the hours not yet fixed.

Currently my way of handling this has been to mark the tasks with time
spans approx. correct and add a comment to fix them.

However, I think it may be a good idea to allow eg. this kind of
timestamps:
        <2018-02-04 Tue evening>
That would be handled as though it was eg. <2018-02-04 Tue 18:00-22:00>
(which would be configurable), so that it would be both semantically
correct (the time is still fuzzy) and correctly displayed (eg. on an
agenda)

To be perfectly honest, my ulterior motive here is to auto-generate
tasks “Decide of an exact time for [task]” a few days before the
timestamp. However, I haven't investigated yet whether that'd actually
be doable and I'm still pretty new to the lisp/emacs/org-mode
ecosystems, so this may be completely impossible.

What do you think about this idea? Is there a better way to do what I'm
trying to do with current tools?

Cheers,
Leo