Re: [O] non-math superscripts in LaTeX export

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] non-math superscripts in LaTeX export
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 16:17:11 -0800

On 2018-12-17 at 15:45 -0800, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>> It seems to me like a^b should export as a\textsuperscript{b}.
>> Do others agree?
>
> I think you're right. I changed "ox-latex" to use \textsubscript and
> \textsuperscript in master. Could you check the result is correct now?

Seems to work.

I spent ~10 minutes browsing the code before I wrote the list, because I would
have liked to submit a patch rather than just a comment/question. After your
quick reply I thought "this must have been fairly easy" and I went and looked
at the changeset

https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commit/0811af50b49de832b74222189695a09327ef6e6b

I would love to contribute more to this project but am still far from being
able to do what you just did there.

Anyway... I'd have a hard time doing my work without Org, and I'm once again
reminded that Org is People. Thank you for helping maintain and improve it!

  -k.