Re: [O] manual: stale bindings for org-clock-report and org-columns-inse

From: Nikolay Kudryavtsev
Subject: Re: [O] manual: stale bindings for org-clock-report and org-columns-insert-dblock
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 18:16:27 +0300

Thanks for the tip.

After reading that discussion and a few hours of research, there are actually three different problems I have with org-clock-report.

The first is that drop in clock reports now use :scope file by default, instead of :scope subtree.

The second is that the clock report function is set up in some weird way that it gets broken if you use icicles. Gonna look into it further, not sure whether org or icicles is the bad actor here. The behavior I'm seeing is as follows:

The command spawns empty table with :scope file, asks for a file, when I select that file, it asks for a function and I have no idea which function should I choose here.

For those two problems I've bisected the offending commit to 1a5151c51.

The third is the removal of C-c C-x C-r. I've read the discussion there, but it seems like nobody really wanted it removed, this is just a  consequence of refactoring. So, can we get C-c C-x C-r org-clock-report back, if only as a closure over org-dynamic-block-insert-dblock?

Also, ever since that Stardiviner's commit the dynamic reloading of org seems to be broken on master. When I try to I get:

Symbol’s function definition is void: org-dynamic-block-define

Another thing, since org is moving towards unifying dynamic blocks, maybe the next step is to add begin_src blocks into the mix in org-dynamic-block-insert-dblock? It seems that they historically have different syntax, but are in practice the same thing. That's actually one place where I could use a wizard.

And why the function is called org-dynamic-block-insert-dblock and not org-insert-dblock? Seems redundant to me.

Also can someone explain how do I get from org elpa version to the git commit it's based on? E. g., in org-version.el I have "9.2.1-33-g029cf6-elpaplus" but g029cf6 does not seem like a real commit in the git repo.

--
Best Regards,
Nikolay Kudryavtsev