Re: [O] ob-core, org-outline-overlay-data error and byte-compile warning

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [O] ob-core, org-outline-overlay-data error and byte-compile warning
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 07:55:26 +1100

I strongly suspect that part of your issue is that you have a 'mixed'
installation - part of 9.1 and part of 9.2 being rolled up together when
everything is compiled.

It is *CRITICAL* that no org functionality is loaded when you install
org from ELPA. For this reason, I only ever update the org package from
the org repo in a fresh Emacs session and ensure that nothing is loading
any org functionality until after all the elpa install stuff has
completed.

Make sure nothing directly or indirectly loads org in your init before
your package.el and elpa section. Remove the existing elpa/org or
org-plus-contrib directory and try again in a fresh emacs session.

Tim

--
Tim Cross