[O] Regression in org-table-recalculate-buffer-tables and #+startup: shr

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: [O] Regression in org-table-recalculate-buffer-tables and #+startup: shrink [devel branch]
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 16:40:39 -0400

Hello,

Lately (past week), I have noticed a failure for all functions to run from my org-mode-hook, because I got an error like:

    File mode specification error: (user-error Not at a table)

This error happens if:

1. I call M-x org-table-recalculate-buffer-tables (I have that function in my org-mode-hook).
2. The Org buffer has #+startup: shrink, and
3. An Org table with column width cookies has #+caption.

Here's a minimal reproducible example:

=====
#+title: User-error when trying to recalculate tables in buffer with shrink enabled
#+startup: shrink

#+caption: Foo
| <25> |
| Foo  |
=====

1. Save above to an Org file, close and reopen that file so that #+startup gets evaluated.
2. M-x org-table-recalculate-buffer-tables and you will get the "user-error: Not at a table" error.

Interestingly, this error does not show up if simply that #+caption line is removed.

Org mode version 9.2.3 (release_9.2.3-336-g09a1a2 @ /home/kmodi/usr_local/apps/6/emacs/master/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)

Thanks!

--
Kaushal Modi