[O] Advance notice of birthdays in org-mode via org-contacts

From: Daryl Manning
Subject: [O] Advance notice of birthdays in org-mode via org-contacts
Date: Sun, 26 May 2019 23:10:30 +0800

I'm trying to come up with a better way to give myself advanced notice on some peoples' birthdays coming up.

Right now, I use the following in a `cal.org` file to give me notice in agenda that birthdays are coming up:

```
* BDays                                                                         :bday:
%%(org-contacts-anniversaries "BIRTHDAY")
```

The generally feeds off a `contacts.org` entry of the nature:

```
*** John Wick
:PROPERTIES:
:EMAIL: address@hidden
:BIRTHDAY: 1975-06-06
:END:
```

What I'd like is to get, on virtually all birthdays , a week's notice through due soon (which I'll sort out in org-super-agenda in the view). Alternatively, is there a nicer way to tag or otherwise note some birthdays in the `contacts.org` so that I could note special people (close friends, family, etc) where I could set a specific advanced notice period so that I have time to do something special for them etc?

Would love to hear peoples' approaches to this. In general, if I'm not looking out 2 weeks ahead (I spend most time in the day view), I can get surprised.

thanks!
Daryl.