Re: [O] Capture with date prompt defaults to yesterday

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: [O] Capture with date prompt defaults to yesterday
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2019 11:40:53 +0100

On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 at 22:31, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas, I hope you don't mind me sending a 'ping' for this, as it looks
> like it might have got lost.  Please do let me know what you think.

I'm not sure this is a right fix. Doesn't it force default times to noon
instead of midnight? I think default times should be midnight.

Yes, it does make the default time noon.  But AFAICS the time of day doesn't actually matter in any of the Org source code where the result of org-get-cursor-date is used.  Have I missed a case where it does matter?

However, in the attached patch I've revised that so that the default time of day is <org-extend-today-until>:00am, i.e. it's the earliest time that Org treats as being that date.  WDYT?

Alternatively, we could refactor the code around where org-get-cursor-date is used to make it more explicit when the time of day doesn't matter, and look further if there are any cases where it does.

Best wishes,
    Neil