[O] Fwd: Cut and paste an entry programmatically

From: Michael Brand
Subject: [O] Fwd: Cut and paste an entry programmatically
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 15:50:35 +0200

Hi all

I am still blocked with this issue. It looks like the content that is
pasted with the second invocation of org-paste-subtree is not just the
second org-cut-subtree but the accumulation of the first and the
second org-cut-subtree together. This MCE seems better to me than the
previous one as it does not use save-excursion:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent
  (defun temp ()
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (org-cut-subtree)
    (forward-line 2)
    (org-paste-subtree))
#+end_src

#+begin_src org
,* 1
,* 2
,* 3
,* 4
#+end_src

~M-: (temp) RET M-: (temp) RET~ results in

#+begin_src org
,* 3
,* 1
,* 1
,* 2
,* 4
#+end_src

with an unexpected reinsertion of "1" when inserting "2" resulting in
a duplicate "1".

Michael