Re: [O] from org to openoffice presentations (or make org looks like ope

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: [O] from org to openoffice presentations (or make org looks like openoffice)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 12:12:44 +0000

On Wednesday, 24 Jul 2019 at 13:42, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> Yes, this is what I'm doing so far. The problems I see are:
> 1) the image contains a footer, and LaTeX does not anything about such
> footer so sometimes text can overlap with the footer. If I isolate the
> footer as a separate image, how can I specify to place it to the
> bottom of each slide and have beamer not placing controls and other
> text on the slides?

As soon as you want this type of control, you'll end up having to design
your own beamer theme.  There are many themes out there: I suggest you
have a look at which one(s) come(s) close to what you want, copy it, and
change it accordingly.  But this will require a certain level of
LaTeX-fu unfortunately.

I've attached three files: an org file, the resulting PDF, and a very
minimal beamer theme that may be of use.  That theme puts an image (UCL
logo) at the bottom right of the slide and a page number at the bottom
left side.  Maybe you can modify this to your satisfaction.  Note the
naming of the beamer theme file and how you refer to it in the org file.

> 2) I usually provide two sets of slides, one dark and one light

Two themes...?

> By the way, things were even worst of how I described them: the
> template was Microsoft Office (not even Open Office)!

For me, they are equivalent in any case: I do not like word processors
as they make me do the job of a typesetter and I'd rather worry about
content.  But I know what you mean.

Best of luck,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.4-399-g4e6222