[O] Pandoc and Org-mode: list indention

From: Devin Prater
Subject: [O] Pandoc and Org-mode: list indention
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:33:19 -0500

Hi all. I am not a programmer, but have found Org-mode useful for editing course lessons.
I, blind myself, teach other blind people how to use technology and software, along with my supervisor and quite a few others. We have many courses on the use of Microsoft Office, Gmail, Internet basics, and so on. These courses are handled by Moodle, which accepts HTML and Markdown formatted text. Why it doesn’t use Org-mode, which is superior to Markdown in every way, is beyond me.
So, these course lessons are awfully malformed HTML. Empty <p> tags, misused &nbsp; things litter these files, and “middle dot” characters are used instead of <li> elements.
I’ve taken it upon myself to clean all this up, and Org-mode does it all. The only problem is, when I convert from HTML to Org-mode using Pandoc, just doing:
Pandoc -I lesson1.html -o lesson1.org
The lists are not made into indented ones, just a paragraph, which I manually have to indent, marking the lines below the list marker line, and doing C-x C-I, then indenting 3 or four spaces, then filling the paragraph just to make sure.
Is there anything I can do to make this less tedious?
Other than all that, Org-mode does amazingly for everything I’ve used it for, so thanks so much for all who, knowing much more than I do about code, work on Org-mode, and Emacs in general.