[O] Tables: Exclude headings in Row Number?

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: [O] Tables: Exclude headings in Row Number?
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 12:07:10 -0500

Hello all,

I have a table like this:

| ID |
|----|
|  2 |
|  3 |

and I want to know how many rows there are w/o the ID heading
and w/o the horizontal separator.  I found the org-table-toggle-coordinate-overlays
which displays an overlay showing the row number:

However, the heading is included in the row number (which makes sense).

Is there a way to ignore lines above a heading (or mark a heading in some way?

I found a way to add a seq. number by using Calc [1] but I was wondering if
there's a way to tell the org-table-toggle-coordinate-overlays not to count the
heading.

Thanks,
--Nate

[1]