Re: [O] Babel eval w/ C-c C-c but not (org-babel-execute-buffer)

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Babel eval w/ C-c C-c but not (org-babel-execute-buffer)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 06:25:04 +0200

On 2019-10-11 at 00:13 +02, Tim Cross <address@hidden> wrote...
> My concern with this suggestion is that I think it my result in
> 'surprising' or unexpected results for users.

I hope nobody would be surprised if they C-u C-u C-c C-c'd ! :) Just as they
shouldn't be surprised if the :cache is ignored, if run with prefix-arg. But I
do understand your concern and agree with it.

> Perhaps an additional recognised configuration value for :export and
> :tangle, such as 'manual', which might mean something like 'onl[y]
> evaluate/tangle this block when requested with block level commands,
> not buffer level.

Yes, I agree this is preferred. The only reason I implemented the first version
using prefix-arg is because I could see how to do that easily. I started down
the path you describe above and ran into my own lisp and org limitations.

I'm open to implementation suggestions. My plan is to modify
(org-babel-check-confirm-evaluate) and use introspection and see if
(org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c) is in the call stack, and if so, return t. Does this make
sense? Is there some better way to determine how
org-babel-check-confirm-evaluate was reached? Or some better place to add the
feature? Also, I'd use ":eval only-manual" unless someone suggests another
value ("only-on-cc"?)

Thanks,

  -k.