Re: [Idea] Org Collections

From: tbanelwebmin
Subject: Re: [Idea] Org Collections
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 10:08:11 +0100

Interesting idea!

Is everyone aware of Emacs Projectile?
https://github.com/bbatsov/projectile

Not exactly the Org Collections you talks about, Gustav, but somehow related.

Projectile manages collections of files that belong together. They may be anything (Org Mode, Python, C++, HTML, LibreOffice, anything). It is most often zero-configuration: if a directory contains a .git or .bzr sub-directory, it is a Projectile project. A Maven project is a Projectile project, and so on. If the directory is not of a known type, just adding and empty .projectile sub-directory makes it a Projectile project.

Quite handy.

Could your Org Collections idea be a Projectile add-on?

As an example, there is such an add-on: org-projectile
https://github.com/IvanMalison/org-projectilehttps://github.com/IvanMalison/org-projectile
"org-projectile provides functions for the creation of org-mode TODOs that are associated with projectile projects."

Regards