Bug: About org-submit-bug-report [9.3 (release_9.3 @ /usr/local/share/em

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Bug: About org-submit-bug-report [9.3 (release_9.3 @ /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/)]
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 01:36:48 +0100

I want to suggest to make `report-org-bug' and alias for the command
`org-submit-bug-report'.  That's the name I expected (considering
"report-emacs-bug"), also some other Emacs packages name their bug
reporting command according to this scheme.  The additional name would
make this important command more discoverable.

Second point: When you think it is a trivial task for a common user
please consider to add some text to the initial buffer contents of the
message buffer created by this command explaining where one can search
for existing reports (to avoid duplicates and reports about things that
are just pitfalls etc).  My buffer included a link to a page explaining
how to create a good report but there this information is also missing,
although I think it would be a good place.

TIA,

Michael.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 41, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.13)
 of 2019-12-20
Package: Org mode version 9.3 (release_9.3 @
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/)