Re: Org export to HTML with encrypted information ??

From: stardiviner
Subject: Re: Org export to HTML with encrypted information ??
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 12:19:52 +0800

David Masterson <address@hidden> writes:

> My use-case is this:
>
> I'd like to use Org to write up *all* the information about my family
> life (so to speak) including medical histories of my family, issues with
> the house, bank accounts, financial information, etc., so that my family
> has all the information to refer to when necessary in a (hopefully)
> well-structured form.  Naturally, this is going to have a fair amount of
> really sensitive information.  By carefully outlining the information, I
> can structure the sensitive information to be in key parts of the
> documents that I can then encrypt using org-crypt.
>
> That part is straightforward.  The tricky part is that my family is not
> "Emacs literate" and, so, I'm thinking the best idea is to export the
> information from Org files to HTML files so that I can then present to
> them as a website.  They are used to browsing the web, so this should be
> more natural to them.  The problem that I'm looking for help with is how
> to deal with the encrypted information?  Any suggestions?

I have same needs for my all-in-Org knowledge database. I will keep some
personal information in some public Org files but encrypt Org headlines with
org-crypt too.

My idea is still use org-export-to-html. And use JavaScript to decrypt the
encrypted contents. That will have more control on your hand. More choices.

--
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning what I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3