Re: restore window configuration after org-edit-src-exit

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: restore window configuration after org-edit-src-exit
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 15:45:22 +0100

Jack Kamm <address@hidden> writes:

> Rather than adding a new option, how about we make the behavior
> dependent on the value of org-src-window-setup?
>
> Basically, when org-src-window-setup is current-window, it never makes
> sense to restore the original layout. But when org-src-window-setup is
> reorganize-frame (the default), it always makes sense to restore the
> original layout.
>
> I'm not sure what the "correct" behavior would be for the other options
> however.

I think any value that modifies the current layout ought to restore it:
- `split-window-below'
- `split-window-right'
- `reorganize-frame'

OTOH, values that use the current layout should not restore it
afterwards:
- `current-window'
- `other-window'
- `other-frame'

This should be mentioned in the docstring.

WDYT?

Nicolas Goaziou