Latex export: setting options for packages included by default

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: Latex export: setting options for packages included by default
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 16:13:46 +0200

Greetings.

When I export to Latex, org automatically creates the following line in
preamble:

\usepackage{color}

I would like to find a way to pass option [monochrome] to this
package. Adding another \usepackage creates a conflict. My preferred way
would be to add the line

\PassOptionsToPackage{monochrome}{color}

to the preamble before \usepackage.

1. Is there a way to do this (easily) in Org? I think it is possible to
   redefine the preamble template, but that would be an overkill.

2. If there is no direct option for this, could we have one? Like
   #+latex_header but which would be applied before any packages are
   loaded?

Jarmo