Re: org-startup-truncated default should be nil [legibility 2/6]

From: Texas Cyberthal
Subject: Re: org-startup-truncated default should be nil [legibility 2/6]
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 14:55:07 +0800

Emacs is the tool that allows a non-technical user to bootstrap to
control over his IT environment. Within that, Org is the tool that
allows him to bootstrap to control of Emacs. So Org's defaults should
allow someone with no experience to learn the basic text manipulation
commands in the help-with-tutorial and then log his efforts to learn
Emacs.

Eventually he will need to turn on truncation in Org to display inline
codelike elements properly, but until then he'll need his prose
paragraphs wrapped for him.

Correction:

I started an unmodified Spacemacs to check my memory of its Org
defaults. I was correct about Org recognizing single-space sentences
by default. I was wrong about Org using variable pitch with word
wrapping and without truncation by default. I'll certainly propose
that be changed there.

On the bright side, truncation is easily M-x discoverable with Helm,
and visual line mode is placed in an inferior position to truncation
in the keybinds: SPC-t-l for spacemacs/toggle-truncate-lines and
SPC-t-L for spacemacs/toggle-visual-line-navigation.

Now I'm wondering whether any distro ships an Org whose defaults
permit noobs to write prose paragraphs.