Re: Bug or not a bug? dot expansion in ob-shell

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Bug or not a bug? dot expansion in ob-shell
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 14:37:24 +0100

Hi Nick and Jack,

thanks for your thoughtful inputs.  I've now removed the option.

I agree we should have a discussion on whether :results value is a
good default.  But I think this needs previous work on documenting
what is the actual behavior of the main Babel libraries wrt "value"
vs "output".

I will start a file on worg with a table describing the current
behavior of various libraries.  E.g. ob-clojure.el the output by
default, not the "value".

Once we have a cleear picture on how various libraries distant
themselves from what could be expected by reading Org's manual,
then we have more background and could start the discussion on
changing the defaults - 9.5 would be a good time.

Thanks again,

--
 Bastien